Thursday 12 September 2013

Bills Sydney Food - Prawn and Chilli Linguine

I have a dream, again and again. I run through the jungle and someone or something is hunting me. I run and run as fast as I can, which is surprisingly fast in that dream. The thing nearly gets me, it's freaking close. Suddenly I come to the edge of the cliff, which is dropping quite a way down. I just jump and ... wake up.
Oops, no, really, I'm not having that dream. I'd rather say that is the beginning of Star Trek - Into Darkness.
My dream is slightly different. It's there since school and it has to do with Australia. I dream of moving there or at least visiting there once. The latter seems more realistic. 
Anyway, that's also why I tend to buy books about Australia, watch Australian movies or TV series and lately above that buy cookbooks.
One of the latest example is Bills Sydney Food by Bill Granger. After all it would be nice to visit Sydney. Here an example of what came from it ...



I would have wanted to try more, but even here things don't work out all the time as I want it to be. At least I wanted to try a dish like this anyway for some time. Well, I couldn't find linguine that day, so I had to use tagliatelle. No worries.
The other ingredients are fitting, anyway, kind of. We got prawns, rocket leaves, garlic, chillies and butter. What more could you want? Fine, I would have some ideas as to that ...
Yes, it tasted really lovely and it was no big deal putting together ... cooking the pasta. Cook the prawns, seasoned with salt and pepper, for 1 minute. Add garlic, chillies and cook more. Add butter. Add rocket. Add cooked pasta. A little bit of tossing and ... here you go.


Right, that's the way you do it ... naturally. There you have a nice, quick and delicious dish. I should really have a look and try some other of the recipes.
Then I guess, we have to get ready for Autumn and Winter, which could drastically slow me down in several ways.
You know, I have a dream. There is no snow, but rather more sun. Maybe a beach as well, but ...

5 comments:

  1. Chris they look delicious!!
    Have a nice evening

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all kinds of seafood pasta, this dish looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was delicious and for sure I'm going to have more pasta in that direction.

      Delete
    2. I think if I were to choose, pasta with clams is my top choice. :)

      Delete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.