Wednesday 13 March 2013

Bloggers Around the World: USA Round-up ... and next assignment

Did I mention in one of my last posts that I would be going to the airport? Of course I did, it was the post about the French bread with the chocolate and strawberry filling. Well, I didn't go to the airport to fly somewhere, but just to pick someone up. Once more, no travelling!
A good thing we have our Bloggers Around the World trip.


The last few weeks we have been visiting the USA. There were a lot of options of what to cook or bake ... Let's see then with what everyone came up with.
We want to start with Caroline. After all, she couldn't be stopped once she read the theme was USA and so she went on submitting post after post after post ... you can all find them on Caroline Makes ...
At first we have American-style banana pancakes. Why not have some for breakfast.


Then Caroline has some Walnut Whip Whoopie Pies for us. To be honest, I have never tried whoopie pies. At least not that I know of.


From the looks of it, though, you might want to have a go. Or what about some Navajo Fry bread? If not, you can at least enjoy the nice view ...


Then we have some cake from Caroline as well ...


I might have ordered a New York Cheesecake, but hey, who am I to complain when I get a Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake? However, don't get confused, there is no chocolate pumpkin in it, but ... eh ... go figure out.

Next up on our American round-up is the lovely Choclette from the Chocolate Log Blog. She has some lovely cupcakes for us ... oopsy ... she said she might manage cupcakes and ...


... we have some more pancakes. Just look at these beauties. As they are such we can live quite well with Chocolate Pancakes with Blackcurrant & Rose Compote instead of cupcakes. At least I can.

After having had so many sweet things, I guess it is time for some savoury dishes.
Elizabeth from the Law Student's Cookbook is helping us in this regard. She has some burgers for us. She copied them ... eh ... not that kind of copying. I love that idea of copying food I have eaten at another place. Now, without any further ado here we have Elizabeth's In-N-Out Burgers ...

IMG_8679

I hope you enjoy them as you enjoyed the sweeties. Fine, it makes me think about dinner already. However, I have to wait a few more minutes more for that.

Something more savoury you have read about already on this blog a few weeks ago. Some colour food: Chicken on Chickpeas.


Somehow I didn't manage anything else, although I had ideas on doing more. That's a point also for those who couldn't make it this time. I know how busy life is and how you sometimes don't even manage the things you want to do, not even to mention the things you have to do.

Anyway, thank you for everyone, who had a part this time in Bloggers Around the World. It was a delight to have you travel with me.
Now it's time to travel on ... and maybe you manage to join us on our next leg.
What do you have to do?
  1. Leave a comment with a link to your post here in this very post, below. 
  2. Link to my blog and this challenge in your post.  
  3. Use the "Bloggers Around the World" badge (the one you find at the beginning and end of this post).  
  4. You can use a new or an old post, but it has to be adjusted accordingly (you know, all the linking). 
  5. Have fun and enjoy it!
That's it! No, of course not. You don't know where we are going to. Hm, I had A fantasy destination in mind, but then again, I thought I could leave that thought for a while, because we still have so many lovely real places we still can go to. We nearly made it one time around the world, but we haven't really been to Asia. I haven't been myself to any places there apart from Turkey, but that isn't what I have in mind for this time.
So, before anyone gets confused here on what the subject is from the 13th of March to the 13th of April, I state it here clearly ...

 JAPAN

Well, that might be a bit more difficult then the last one, but ... no worries ... I still have some udon noodles in my storage and I have enough sushi rice.
Get yourself ready and do something nice. It doesn't have to be Japanese exactly, but you could also do something that makes you think of Japan or that is inspired by anything from there. Be as creative as you can be.
Hm, shall I watch the miniseries Shōgun again for preparation? I will see ...

11 comments:

  1. oh man i've been craving sushi for ages and I have some fabulous fresh fish too... count me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I count you in then. I still remember the first time I tried to make sushi and nearly burned my nose away with that wasabi paste.

      Delete
  2. All these dishes look great. Now I'm looking forward to Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupakes? Pancakes? Who cares, they are both pancakes!!! Really need to try the pumpkin cheesecake, sounds fascinating. Hmmm, Japan - actually might have something there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, no worries about the cupcakes ...
      Then go for it, the cheesecake and Japan as well.

      Delete
  4. Yummy sounding things here. I too meant to make at least 1 if not 2 or 3 dishes for the USA but went away for work so was too late! Japan I shall definitely do though - love oriental food!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be looking forward to this. And of course I have to do some thinking myself, although that's not always so easy.

      Delete
  5. Chris you are a genius. I might never have come up with such a superb bake as these Matcha Madeleines if it wasn't for your Japan challenge.

    http://choclogblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/matcha-madeleines.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining, Choclette! You really have some lovely looking treats over there. I especially like the colours of the madeleines.

      Delete
  6. I made some poor attempt at yakisoba :)
    http://lawstudentscookbook.wordpress.com/2013/04/05/yakisoba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks and ... eh ... no worries, if you don't use 100% authentic ingredients. After all, we also have to be realistic. I wouldn't shop all day for just finding the special ingredient or buy (not anymore) buy large amounts of food items I wouldn't use otherwise anymore.

      Delete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.