Monday 24 December 2018

Identity Theft, Pizza, Burger, Spain

There is definitely something wrong! I know it! Lately, things are going quite differently around here. Just today, we did our spring cleaning, while winter just started a few days ago. My mind is off the track. Yes, you know, but this time it's even worse. I think I lost my identity. Someone robbed it. While I was thinking about writing something for the blog after such a long time and for not having just two entries for the whole year, the thoughts didn't come up in German, no, not even in English, but it was Spanish. I guess Rodrigo or Rodriguez is taking over again ...





Well, on the other hand, it might be because of visiting Spain for a few weeks this year. While that might explain the Spanish it doesn't quite explain the loss of 10 kg and the attitude of sitting at home lazily on the sofa.
Anyway, I guess I am going even more crazy than I usually do. So things are quite different these days. However, that doesn't keep me from seeing, eating and trying new things. While in Madrid, Spain, you definitely have to try some tapas in some nice bars.



Some places are quite interesting, decorated with a lot of things. So there are quite some things to see, while you are nibbling away on your tapas and having a sip on your wine or beer or whatever.



While in Madrid in the middle of August you have to kind of take it easy with all the heat and everything, but ... it wasn't that bad. If it's too hot, maybe you are to weak. 
What other things you might enjoy food wise when in Spain. It's the simple things done good that will give you the joy, like ...



... a plat of mejillones or you might want to have a bit of ...



... pulpo. While in a big city, for sure you have more opportunities to find a lot of different kinds of food, maybe also from other places ...



... like from the Caribbean. In this case it was mofongo (with plantain) with shrimps. Quite delicious I say. 
Using humble ingredients like potatoes in some places they give you something simple and tasty, for example ...



... Spanish tortilla. The one you can get in Galicia in Betanzos is considered famous. Anyway, I wouldn't want to miss a bit of the sweet things ...



... especially when it has dulce de leche in it. Well, you can always go back to the simple things, if you prefer that ...



With all the eating you shouldn't forget to move around a bit and look at the things you can encounter around ...



All that doesn't mean I'm not trying, that is trying to put things together at home. Nevertheless ... eh ... eh ... eh ... I guess I have to try again a bit of different things and not just things like this ...



... although I am kind of quite satisfied with the results I get with my homemade pizza. I'm satisfied indeed. I'm just a little bit sad that our oven seems a bit small.
Then there was the idea of trying to get the best burger at home, too. Well, well, well, there have been some instances of ... eh ... burgers ... eh ... I was quite satisfied with ...



... however, it wasn't this one, I was especially fond of. Despite that it still was a good burger and the crisps brought an interesting twist. I guess I have to work in my technique of taking photos of burgers as well and ...


... I should take more care of my photos, for that too wasn't my favourite at home burger, although having some bacon on it is part of the key. Where in all the world do I have the photo of my favourite one ...



... with bacon and egg? Not bad the idea, especially when the egg yolk is still running. Still that's not the one. So we really have to ... it just springs to my mind, though twisted it may be, that I can use the search function in my photo library and look for burgers. That should be the sure thing to find the one ... no, not the one to rule them all, but just my favourite burger ... made at home ...


... it has to have avocado in the form of guacamole and cheddar and tortilla chips and ... I am sure that must be hidden some bacon over there. I already told you I have to work on my photo technique. Just go for it! I did! Anyway ... should I feel guilty now, after not having put up anything new here for such a long time and then in the end I'm putting things like pizza and burger and stuff. Should I apologise or will a photo of a salad do ...



Oopsy! Even the salad has avocado, chillies, tortilla chips and cheddar. That's the way things happen.
What shall I say at the end. No matter where this identity went, things still can go on. Never give up! Do I believe myself? We shall see! When! We shall see that as well! Just sit and wait or ... do whatever that is that you do ...

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back - Happy Christmas and all the best for New Year :)

    ReplyDelete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.