Monday 11 February 2013

Am I lazy or crazy? Ginger-Marzipan-Chocolate-Pralines

Sometimes I have to ask myself, am I lazy? I just hang around and do nothing in particular, although there would be plenty to do. However, I simply don't want to.
Then again, I could be crazy - kind of - that is if you want to use such harsh words. On the other hand (apart from four fingers and a thump) it could be quite helpful at times to be lazy and crazy. Not only once that has led to new inventions in the past.
While I don't want to suggest that the now following would be a great invention, you still could have a go at these Ginger-Marzipan-Chocolate-Pralines ...


Please, have one ... 

What you need:
100 g marzipan
About 40 g candied ginger
A few tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
Some almond slices

How you do it:
Get a small piece of marzipan and wrap an about 1 cm long piece of candied ginger in it. Make sure the ginger is surrounded by marzipan on all sides. Repeat this until all the marzipan is gone and ... it might look like this.


Put the cocoa powder (I still got some chocolate orange one from Sugar and Crumbs) in a small bowl and roll the marzipan ... eh ... rolls in it, so that it gets all nicely coated with cocoa powder. How does that look (be careful with your imagination)?


Well, I would have said now, that's all, folks! But somehow we need to distract a bit from that look. So I decided to stick a sliced almond piece into each one.


That already makes a difference. Now ... that's all, folks! We only need to transfer them to another plate for looks.


Just last week while visiting a friend, I got a surprise gift. He is an artist and 'paints' pictures with metal pieces. He goes all over and collects all kind of metal objects to use them in his pictures. Some pictures he sells and others just stay in his place. Maybe he will do an exhibition with them one day. 
Anyway, he also got some old silverware, which you can see now in my picture. I was going to destroy those pieces to use them for painting, but he thought I might appreciate them more.
How do you like them?
Now the question still remains, whether I'm lazy or crazy.
While hanging around - at the computer - I noticed that I didn't take part in We  Should Cocoa for a while. In fact the last post I could find on my blog was from June 2012: Galway Irish Coffee Tiramisu.


 

I thought it would be about time to have a go again. Here, though comes the lazy problem again. The person who invented the We Should Cocoa challenge had me already kept busy with one of her last posts: Chocolate Log Blog: Chocolate Walnut Pastries. I tried to bake some from memory after reading this post once.
So I didn't want to do baking of any kind again this time. Therefore I went for the Ginger-Marzipan-Chocolate-Pralines. This month theme of We Should Cocoa is 'Ginger' and it is hosted by Jen from Blue Kitchen Bakes.
Now bit by bit a bit more about being crazy ...
This recipe was kind of a low cost one. I didn't use any further energy apart what came from my body. So it could work for ...

Credit Crunch Munch

... this month. Camilla from Fab Food 4 All wanted to see something for dessert this month. Hey, you could use the pralines as well for that. Camilla is doing this challenge together with Helen from Fuss Free Flavours.
In order to further demonstrate that this recipe is frugal, I'm going to enter this post as well to Recipe of the week from A Mummy Too.

Link up your recipe of the week


And finally, I add this as well to Javelin Warrior's Made with Love Mondays and, hey, this time it's really Monday.

JWsMadeWLuvMondays

If that's not crazy, orinally I just wanted to take part in one challenge and I was lazy and now ... I end up with entering in multiple challenges.
Above that, ff you know any further challenges these pralines would fit into this month, let me know! Then we got a nice collection of challenges other can take part in as well.

20 comments:

  1. very creative and lots of flavours I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janice! I love every single flavour of it. That's why it was no problem to finish them so quickly.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post! I love your tutorial and this recipe is mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, I was standing there in the kitchen thinking what to do and simply took a photo of every step I took. I wasn't quite sure where it would go at the outset.

      Delete
  3. I love marzipan and ginger so these sound yummy and if it was me I think I'd go the whole hog and dip them in some melted savers dark chocolate mmm.. Thank you for entering this month's Credit Crunch Munch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute, Chris! I love candied ginger and I'm sure the marzipan with cocoa powder could only make it better. Very creative and thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a time when I used to make pralines more often ... maybe like putting marzipan into dates where the stone used to be and then coating the whole thing with chocolate and ... well, can't do everything all the time, but once in a while ...

      Delete
  5. I'm a big fan of praline flavoured anything - Yum. Loved the comment "How does that look (be careful with your imagination)?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good! I think I have to ponder a bit further about this field.

      Delete
  6. Haha love these - what fun! Pinned and Stumbled. Thanks for linking up to #recipeoftheweek. New linky up tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week is as good as nothing, so quickly gone. Thank you, Emily!

      Delete
  7. These look great. I love marzipan, chocolate and ginger but I don't think I've ever had them all together before. I have a pot of crystallised ginger on the go at the moment, now I just need some marzipan... Thanks for entering We Should Cocoa this month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a pleasure. Glad you brought this subject up! Thanks, Jen!

      Delete
  8. How lovely! I am sure there is a block of marzipan in my sugar craft box... And I am awash with crystallised ginger too.

    thanks for sending to Credit Crunch Munch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. That marzipan was directly jumping at me, so it all resulted in this simple equation.

      Delete
  9. Those pralines looks like a great invention to me Chris. Just as well I wasn't around or I might have hoovered my way through quite a few of them - I love marzipan, I love ginger and I sort of quite like chocolate! I've missed your We Should Cocoa entries, so lovely to have you back on board :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Choclette! However, I might not be safe yet. It sometimes goes and comes ...

      Delete
  10. Now what's this about me having kept you busy with walnut pastries? I've scoured your blog and can't find them anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just made them and ate them. I didn't put any post.

      Delete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.