Anyhow, I already prepared a few things to share with you this month. After all this theme is kind of special to me, but we have to wait until after the cooking before I disclose some further facts about me ... this time in connection with Mexico and Mexican food.
The main stars of the following recipe are bell pepper and eggs.
Let's go for it then ...
Splash of olive oil
1 red onion, finely copped
1 yellow, red , and greed bell pepper respectively, cut into stripes
2 red chilies, finely chopped
2 tbs tomato puree
100 ml cream
100 grated cheese
2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
Gently fry the onion a little bit and then add the bell peppers together with the chilies and then sauté them for about 15 minutes.
At this point add the tomato puree and cream and let go for another 10 minutes.
Now you add the cheese, spoon it through and let the cheese melt. That shouldn't take too long.
Finally add the eggs and let things on heat until the eggs are also warmed a bit. Once more, that shouldn't take too long.
Serve together with some wheat tortillas, which can be easily prepared by yourself as well. You just need flour, salt, cream and water to make the dough.
So far about my entry for Bloggers Around the World: Mexico. However, I can tell you, that I had leftovers. What I did with them I'll tell you later.
Now again some facts:
- The first cookbook I ever bought was about Mexican food.
- That was what started my interest in cooking.
- Sometimes I turn on Mexican music, when I'm cooking Mexican food.
- It would not sound too nice, if I would sing along.
- I have been to Mexico once.
- I stayed for about 5 minutes and took me longer to get out then in.
- I would like to go to Mexico, properly at another time to see some ancient ruins.
- There is also a book I have about the Maya ruins and at one point I even thought of becoming an archaeologist.
- My Spanish could use some polishing up.
- Enchiladas belong to my favourite foods.